Assist the Restaurant General Manager (RGM) in the overall management of the restaurant in order to achieve employee P & L, customer, profit, and sales targets and maintain restaurant operational excellence in accordance with Company policies and procedures through team management. In the absence of the RGM, assume full responsibility and accountability of the day-to-day running of the restaurant
- Assist the RGM in the achievement of CHAMPS (Cleanliness, Hospitality, Accuracy, Maintenance, Product and Speed of Service) Standards within the restaurant by ensuring that all employees are focused on exceeding customer expectations for Cleanliness, Hospitality, Accuracy, Maintenance, Product and Speed of Service.
- Ensure that controls and procedures are implemented to protect the safety and security of employees, customers, property, and company funds/resources are protected by all employees.
- Allocate responsibilities to each employee on shift and monitor performance accordingly
- Ensure that all employees follow correct maintenance procedures in accordance with the established maintenance roster and advise RGM of any repairs or maintenance required
- Drive culture in the restaurant by fostering and building engagement by adopting all Culture initiatives.
- Keep RGM informed of any competitive activity that is likely to affect the trading results of the restaurant.
- Forecast and schedule labour by shift and create a deployment plan to control labour costs and still meet the needs of the business.
- Manage shifts in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures including directing the activities of employees in maximising sales, operating efficiency, and profitability.
- Basic understanding of financial information
- Excellent command of the English language
- Strong numeracy skills
- Able to use available resources to assist the RGM to make informed decisions about operating a profitable store.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Teams, Excel, Word)
- Strong communication skills on various platforms e.g. telephone, e-mail etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A