Website Anglo American Kolomela Mine
We have an exciting position for a Drill & Blast Engineer Technical Services, who will optimise blasting processes by monitoring, analysing and implementing changes to achieve optimum blasting performance in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Scrutinise, inspect and approve blast block designs to ensure safe blasting practices and conformance to set standards.
- All procedures developed to govern the drill and blast processes meet the standards set out by company policies and are benchmarked against the “best practices” in the same work environment
- Monitor blasting activities, analyse results and submit recommendations to achieve the desired fragmentation.
- Design Drill Patterns
- Ensure the level of training of the drilling and blasting personnel is adequate and that their performance is not detracting from real time gains.
- Identify blast domains applicable at the mine in accordance with drill and blast parameters defined according to sound engineering principles.
- All drill and blast processes are carried out within the guidelines of the company policies and procedures
- All systems and procedures designed and developed to govern the drill and blast processes are implemented and employed to ensure optimal production performance within the guidelines of the 12 month mining production schedule
- Design drill and blast patterns for each blast domain identified above to optimise fragmentation and satisfy grade control requirements according to the mine’s requirements and the company’s technical standards and guidelines.
- Liaise with all relevant personnel to ensure that all drill and blast activities are carried out safely and cost effectively, and meet the mine’s requirements and are in accordance with the company’s technical standards and guidelines.
- Conduct continuous improvement of the blast design process to ensure that advances in principles and applications are incorporated into the performance of the drill and blast processes.
- Degree or B-Tech Mining Engineering
- 4-6 years’ experience in Production, Blasting Operations, mine planning & pit layout
- Operational experience of as a Blasting/Drilling Specialist within a Mining operations environment
- Opencast Blasting certificate advantageous
- Driver’s Licence: Code B (Light Vehicle)
- Systems experience on any design software (Micro Station, Deswick, Blast Logic)
Company: Anglo American Kolomela Mine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Postmasburg, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A