Website Anglo American Kolomela Mine
As a Fitter at our Sishen Mine, you are expected to conduct inspections to identify possible failures and repair or raise notifications for repair as well as Support relevant personnel by ensuring that RCA and continuously monitor progress and related preparation activities.
- Accurately compile user-friendly and simplistic Numerical Control machine programmes for the CNC machines and 3D designs from information of drawings / components to produce or manufacture the required components
- Inspecting rigging equipment before lifting, moving and placing heavy components to be repaired / manufactured with the overhead crane and ensure components are slung within safety standards and the set lifting capacity of the equipment to prevent possible damage and injury.
- Performing a variety of hand, bench and tool machine work by machining different shaped parts, computing angles of rake and clearance, computing from blueprints or specifications and shaping cutting tools to specified tolerances to maximise production and throughput schedules
- Inspecting work done on critical components, identify and report defects, equipment failures and time required to do repairs to the Supervisor, thereby enabling applicable decision-making, action planning and problem resolution
- 2 Years’ experience as an Artisan
- Medically fit for relevant job
- Grade 12 Certificate / N3 Technical
- Valid South African Drivers License
- Qualified/Trade Certificate as an Artisan (Fitter)
Company: Anglo American Kolomela Mine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A