Website Lincoln Financial
As a Claims Specialist, you will serve as the primary point of contact for individuals who have a claim under a group policy. You will be responsible for serving as a subject matter expert and guiding them through the claims process using excellent customer service and problem-solving skills to create a positive experience.
- You will process complex claims for payment or denial in accordance with established procedures and guidance ensuring that the claimant is updated in a timely manner by demonstrating flexibility/responsiveness to meet customer needs on routine work independently.
- You will act as the main point of contact communicating through email/phone with external stakeholders including medical professionals and employers to obtain necessary documents/medical information related to the claim. In addition, you will inform employers on the status of their employee and any anticipated changes based on the claim.
- Identify, recommend and champion process improvements and organizational initiatives to positively influence the team and quality.
- Create transparency with individuals by providing detailed information about the claims process including policy coverage and utilization, while recognizing what needs to be done to meet customer expectations.
- Ability to be adaptable/flexible as business needs change.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to maneuver through multiple systems/databases/platforms/software.
- Effective strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Research and data entry experience in a fast-paced environment.
- 0-1+ Years of claims experience with an Associates Degree or above OR 2-3 years of claims experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position and no degree.
- Ability to problem solve and make independent decisions, while providing compassionate customer service.
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dover, NH, US
Application Deadline: N/A