Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist at Life Westville Hospital, reporting to the Senior Pharmacist. The job entails the professional supply of medication to patients, wards and Theatre, as well as the procurement and handling of ethical and surgical stock.
- Involvement with ward pharmacy, i.e. follow up non-recoverables, under/over recoveries, dead stock and stock cover.
- Ensure compliance with SAPC, DOH and LHC legal and professional standards.
- Ordering of ethical stock & issue of stock to wards, theatre &patients.
- Reconstitution of chemotherapeutic drugs
- Processing of credits and stock transfers.
- Liaise with nursing staff and doctors regarding formulary and medical queries.
- Acquisition, control and distribution of stock.
- Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Stock take and cycle counts.
- Dispensing to patients in hospital and retail Pharmacy.
- Report 100% of medication incidents and pharmacy alerts.
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Drive & energy
- Customer responsiveness
- Excellent interpersonal skills are very important as good relationships with doctors, hospital staff and suppliers are essential.
- Building relationships
- Influencing skills
- The successful candidate will be required to be available for weekend and public holiday duties on a rotational basis and required to be available weekdays to work shifts from 7h30am to
- 7pm, on a rotational basis.
- Current registration with South African Pharmacy Council
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Westville, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A