Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Pre-Admissions Clinical Assessor, based at Life Beacon Bay Hospital, reporting to the Cindy-Lee Prince, Patient Services Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the financial and clinical administrative risks pertaining to future patient admissions.
- Monitor insurance verification with funder
- Adhere to ISO 9001 standards
- Perform quality walkabouts and implement corrective measures, where appropriate
- Maintain a high level of customer focus amongst all staff at the Pre-Admission Clinic to the benefit of the Hospital, Public and Doctors.
- Manage authorisations requests and benefit confirmations i.e. prosthesis benefit confirmation
- Ensure high standard of documentation and capture of relevant information for all admissions through hands on supervision and training.
- Perform clinical assessments and document clinical history.
- Ensure all pre-admissions are accurately clinically coded in accordance with the coding standards
- Sound working knowledge and application of Funds relevant rules and limits.
- Optimal management of bed and theatre bookings through close liaison with ward and Doctor’s rooms
- Efficient and proactive pre-admission of all patients in accordance with Group protocol and close liaison with Case Management and National Credit Risk Departments to minimize risk exposure to the Hospital.
- Identify and monitor gaps and risks and implement corrective actions accordingly.
- Monitor workflow processes
- Understanding of private hospital industry and practices
- Knowledge of hospital patient services and case management processes
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT & ICD coding
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of Funder contracts, scheme rules, exclusions and benefits
- Current SANC registration
- Nursing Qualification, preferably Professional Nurse or Enrolled Nurse with at least three to five years’ experience
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A