Website Lincoln Financial
As an Associate Group Underwriter, you will perform and deliver on routine assignments and projects within the Underwriting function. You will review customer information in response to insurance coverage requests to determine appropriate manual rate based on assessment of risks. You may recommend alternate coverage plans/levels based upon risk and pricing. You will bind LFG in transactions within their scope of authority for assigned insurance products.
- Collaborates with more senior underwriters to analyze information to prepare new business proposals, amendments, and suggested renewal action for potential release.
- Performs and delivers on routine assignments/projects.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends.
- Recommends amendments for their assigned lines of coverage and segment.
- Enters customer data & information (e.g., experience rating, loss-histories, incident rates, prior pricing history, etc.) into ratings engine to determine manual rate and whether to accept risks posed by sales.
- Completes training program & assigned courses to develop underwriting knowledge & skills.
- Binds LFG in financial transactions within their scope of authority by committing LFG to provide insurance coverage.
- Adheres to departmental & compliance documentation and reporting requirements.
- Liaises with operational teams to ensure accurate preparation of plans with appropriate coverage level(s) & pricing.
- Develops and maintains relationships with assigned field offices.
- 0 – 1+ Years of experience in individual or group insurance directly aligned to the specific responsibilities for this role.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s)
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Omaha, NE, US
Application Deadline: N/A