Website Lincoln Financial
This position will be responsible for managing the calculation and recovery of offsets, settlements and overpayments of disability claims. In this role, you will gather financial and other relevant information from customers, claimants, claims case managers, and vendors to calculate overpayments and negotiate timely, appropriate repayment arrangements and settlements.
- Delivers and fosters a “customer centric” approach by providing value to customers beyond their expectations that demonstrates the priority of the customer’s needs and promise executes on follow-up.
- Performs task by applying core knowledge obtained from the role and acquires increasingly more knowledge to apply in the role. Provides quality service at goal (or higher) and achieve production goals set for each daily task performed.
- Anticipate and pro-actively identify claims with potential benefits based on other income sources and establish offsets within the system.
- Document, update and maintain claims accurately in defined tracking system with key dates/outcomes.
- Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Analyze and calculate complex financial payments (VDI, variable tax, etc.) from customers, claimants, Disability Case Managers (DCM) and vendors. Interpret policy/contract provisions, calculation modes, benefit offset options and work earnings.
- Collaborate with identified contact (DCM’s, vendors, ASM, etc.) via email and telephone/Lync to resolve issues and improve customer efficiencies.
- Consult with claimants and customers to explain calculations and collection processes. Negotiate settlements and repayment plans while keeping within state and federal debt and collection guidelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Demonstrated solid relationship management skills with internal and/or external clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers, etc.).
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- 1-3+ years of experience in life/disability/dental claims or financial services experience
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dover, NH, US
Application Deadline: N/A