Website Lincoln Financial
This position will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. They will also act as a resource and develop more complex innovative business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing postproduction support. They will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Collaborate with technical leadership, Annuities business, Enterprise Architecture, Application Development (Build), Maintenance and Support (Run), Managed Service Providers and Infrastructure teams on maintaining, augmenting and re-platforming of our Straight Through Processing platforms (JEE on prem) to the Cloud.
- You will also work with various teams to implement solutions to achieve Business and IT strategies and goals associated with Quarterly Product
- Releases, Projects, Minor Enhancements and Support initiatives.
- Researches, develops, implements and maintains increasingly complex business application solutions.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies potential application solutions by understanding complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
- You will also collaborate with other team members to provide quality and timely technical delivery related to application development activities (e.g., solution proposals, architectural decisions, macro and micro designs, build/construction activities) and will partner with the Annuities IT leadership team to deliver quality solutions for the Annuities organization.
- You will be responsible for collaborating with Annuities IT and Enterprise Architecture to implement the platform strategic direction on the design & development of applications systems while demonstrating an understanding of the broad implications & financial impacts of proposed solutions on operational & infrastructure support.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests increasingly complex software application solutions for systems.
- Tests increasingly complex program changes thoroughly to ensure accuracy.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Analyzes increasingly complex systems specifications of existing programs to determine requirements.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to the architecting and re-architecting of applications in an Event-Driven/Service Oriented/Cloud environment.
- Proficient in Core Java concepts including Collections, Exception Handling, Generics, multi-threading, data structures, algorithms, application integration, APls, and Event-Driven architecture patterns.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Computer Science, or related field preferred; however, equivalent professional experience considered
- Working knowledge/applied practice of Straight Through Processing or End to End Automation of business processes.
- Work experience in end-to-end development and migrating the application to Cloud using the Amazon Web Services (AWS) availing various services of AWS like EC2, S3 & Lambda.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) Minimum Required in Computer Science,
- Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience with applying software design/development practices, tools, and languages on a diverse set of platforms including distributed (e.g., JEE, EJB, Servlets and JMS, JSF, web services (SOAP and Restful), WebSphere, RAD/Eclipse, UDB and Oracle, Hibernate/Spring Boot Technologies/Java Stream, Micro services) platform preferred.
- Experience with DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration, and automated deployment pipelines, security scanning and automated functional testing using Gitlab and other tooling.
- 3-5+ Years’ experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Radnor, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A