Website Lincoln Financial
As a Sr. Underwriter for Lincoln, you will analyze and deliver on more complex Underwriting assignments & projects. You are responsible for underwriting individual life insurance applications within their designated approval limit of up to $5,000,000 and up to age 85.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality
- Underwriting Individual Life Insurance – Making critical risk decision on whether to accept, modify, or decline a risk through evaluation of an individual’s medical history or physical condition, occupational hazard, and financial background.
- Enhances departmental outcomes by sharing knowledge with team members and providing advice on more complex underwriting determinations.
- Evaluates and underwrites life insurance applications making determinations of the terms, coverage, and rating classification within their designated approval limit $2,000,000 to $5,000,000 and between ages 70 to 85.
- Provides training to less experienced team members on underwriting procedures and guidelines.
- Mentoring & Providing second signature review of life insurance applications
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Intermediate in: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstrated Excellence in: Problem Solving / Analysis; Comprehension of Complex Information; Influencing Others; Risk Assessment;
- Demonstrated decision making using sound judgment; Negotiation Skills; Managing Conflict
- A demonstrated track record of working with minimal supervision, being a self-starter and working with others in a team environment
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- Developed Skills in: analyzing and interpreting complex financial documents including profit/loss statements, income statements, and balance sheets
- 3 – 6+ years of experience in Underwriting Individual Life Insurance
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A