Website Lincoln Financial
As a Reinsurance Accounting Strategic Analyst, you will support ongoing accounting and administrative efforts of existing strategic reinsurance transactions. You will prepare, record, analyze & report accounting transactions & ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy & compliance with accepted accounting policies & principles.
- Determines classifications & records financial transactions applying accounting technique, standard practices & accepted accounting policies & principles
- Displays strong leadership skills to direct and drive large project milestones.
- Researches and provides accounting impacts on new & existing reinsurance structures/transaction including assisting with preparation of proforma financial statements.
- Identifies accounting issues/concerns & recommends mitigation solution(s) to management
- Ensures the integrity accounting records for completeness, accuracy & compliance with accepted accounting policies & principles & compliance with internal controls and SOX.
- Assists in the design and implementation of new reinsurance administrative processes, including working with large volumes of data coming from various source systems/ledger
- Identifies and resolves issues with internal &/or external auditors in a collaborative manner.
- Reviews reinsurance & financial reports & accounting statements to ensure their accuracy
- Identifies best practice and/or recommends process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for assigned area(s) of responsibility including assisting in automation initiatives.
- Performs complex reinsurance accounting activities including preparing, classifying, recording, maintaining & reconciling the General Ledger accounts, sub-ledgers & subsystems in compliance with the accepted accounting policies & principles.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on strategic reinsurance transactions and other assigned projects.
- Ability to apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances.
- 3 – 5+ Years of experience in Accounting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Radnor, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A