Website Lincoln Financial
As the VP of MoneyGuard, Underwriting & New Business, you will develop strategies and provide leadership for Long-Term Care (LTC) Underwriting, Risk Management, and New Business Processing for Lincoln’s MoneyGuard insurance products.
- Effectively integrates broader business unit strategic initiatives into the plans & objectives of the Underwriting & New Business Organization.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for MoneyGuard (LTC) Underwriting & New Business Organization; leads the development of strategies to maximize persistency, profitability, growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with operational leadership across the enterprise to identify and implement services to provide a consistent and excellent customer experience.
- Partners with senior business leaders across multiple functional areas to manage and mitigate operational risks within the MoneyGuard business.
- Leads all MoneyGuard New Business processing and operations centers in a high volume, time sensitive, and highly regulated environment.
- Establishes strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to successfully balance underwriting integrity and business growth.
- Influences, oversees, and leads the development of an overall strategic business plan to set consistent direction for Lincoln’s MoneyGuard business to maximize business results.
- Owns, manages, and mitigates LTC underwriting risks by understanding mortality and morbidity trends and by ensuring adherence to established risk management philosophies set forth by the Chief Underwriter & Chief Medical Director.
- Ensures that all output from customer-oriented strategic initiatives are linked to the delivery of the overall strategic mission to maximize our service delivery strength.
- Partners with senior & executive management across the business to drive the development and adoption of key decisions and risk management techniques.
- Industry Designations Preferred: FLMI, CLU, FALU, CLTC (not required)
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated strong Risk Management Skills: keen eye for balancing risk, efficiency, and customer experience.
- Ability to Think Critically: Creating, Cultivating, Selling, and Implementing Strategy with a lens of the Insurance Industry
- Demonstrated strong Operational Management Skills: maintaining operations at maximum efficiency while delighting the customer, coach and
- lead diverse teams, handle a high level of change management as processes become more automated/digitized.
- 5+ Years of Experience in Management, Strategy, and Influencing Senior Management and Critical Stakeholders
- 12+ Years of Experience in Underwriting, New Business, and/or Life/Long-Term Care Insurance Products, Claims, Operations, Sales, Marketing or Distribution that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this role
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A