Website Lincoln Financial
This position will consult, analyze, and deliver on more complex assignments/projects within the Underwriting function. You will also act as a resource to internal/external stakeholders. This role will independently assess more complex & higher value financial risks related to insurance products.
- Liaises with operational teams to ensure accurate preparation of plans with appropriate coverage level(s) & pricing.
- Analyzes financial health, performance, operations, and personnel levels of customers to determine if additional safeguards or conditions should be included in pricing and risk assessment.
- Independently determines if requests for coverage should be rejected based on their risk assessment.
- Reviews more complex new business and renewal requests for proposals/ coverage(s) for the Life and Disability product lines in the Regional segment with 1,000 to 5,000 lives.
- Binds LFG in financial transactions within their scope of authority by committing LFG to provide insurance coverage at their determined rates.
- Recommends potential modifications in more complex coverage(s) and/or coverage levels on insurance products based on customer’s price range.
- Adds more complex amendments/ACRs for their assigned lines of coverage and segment(s).
- Independently prepares and determines coverage & pricing proposals, renewals, amendments through analysis of customer data & information received from quote requests from brokers & marketing representatives.
- Meets with brokers and sales teams to develop relationships, discuss target markets and potential pricing approaches to expand market share.
- Negotiates more complex benefits & pricing on non-experienced rated & experienced rated cases with brokers & representatives.
- Analyzes more complex customer data & information to independently determine the price, within a wider range of authority, at which to accept the risks posed by sales.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) (Minimum Required)
- 3-5+ Years of group life and/or disability underwriting experience directly aligned to the specific responsibilities for this role. (Required)
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Omaha, NE, US
Application Deadline: N/A