Website Lincoln Financial
As a FINRA Registered Representative, you will handle inbound calls and serve as the primary point of contact for individuals who have questions or concerns regarding the retirement plan. You will serve as a subject matter expert and educate them about the retirement plan using superior customer service and problem-solving skills to create a positive experience.
- You will demonstrate professionalism and maintain composure in the face of high call volume, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- You will answer inbound calls, call backs and email correspondence from internal and external stakeholders such as plan participants, beneficiaries, financial professional and plan sponsors, addressing customer service inquiries and concerns.
- You will provide accurate, detailed information about the retirement plan, recognizing what needs to be done to meet the customer’s needs and demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness through problem resolution.
- You will build rapport with and educate our customers about their retirement plan while researching multiple systems, databases, platforms and software.
- You will meet and/or exceed all established key performance goals including call metrics and quality.
- You will work in a fast-paced, highly structured, team-oriented environment with a diverse group of employees focused on meeting the needs of the company and our customers through problem resolution.
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to be adaptable/flexible as business needs change.
- Solid relationship management skills customers, management, peers and colleagues.
- 3-5+ Years of client service experience aligned with the responsibilities for this role or for candidates with an Associate degree or above, 0-1 year of client service experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
- FINRA Series 6 license is required upon hire.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and product knowledge and the ability to navigate multiple systems/databases/platforms/software while engaging in customer conversations.
- High School Diploma or GED or minimum Associate degree in lieu of required experience.
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A