We’re currently seeking Android Engineers who are passionate about writing modular, well-tested applications with a long lifespan. We value easy-to-maintain code, solid engineering practices, and sensible use of frameworks, patterns, and automation.
- Optimising and refactoring code structures
- Validating requirements and system design
- Performing code reviews
- Always keeping one eye on the latest Android technologies and share the knowledge within the organisation
- Mentoring less experienced developers/engineers
- Interacting with business analysts, quality engineers and UX/UI designers
- Supporting the Release and Incidents team to quickly find and fix any issues with the production Apps
- Are experienced in code reviewing
- Have mentored or keen to, mentor/develop junior (or less experienced) Engineers
- Enjoy collaborative working as part of a cross-functional team, are familiar with agile principals, and are passionate about sharing knowledge internally
- Experience in Functional Reactive Programming using RxJava, RxKotlin or other FRP frameworks and dependency injection using Dagger2 or other DI frameworks
- Have hands-on experience of continuous delivery.
- Are excited by the changing Android landscape, and care deeply about learning new technologies and patterns
- Want to work on applications that have millions of active users, and regularly deliver new features into their hands
- Have solid understanding of designing a mobile experience for variable screen sizes
- Have a sound understanding and practical experience of engineering fundamentals of mobile development such as performance, APIs, troubleshooting, latency, etc.
- Have significant experience building and maintaining commercial Android applications
- Know how the software development lifecycle works, and have good knowledge of source control, automated testing, and writing high-quality software
- Strong understanding of Android application architecture patterns, threading and how to write robust apps
- Are confident working with the Git version control systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A