As a Solution Architect in our Digital Labs, you lead from the front in defining and realising our Digital estate. We build our own customer-facing applications, so you’ll be working with Engineering Leads and Solution Architects to ensure we are building the right thing – and building the thing right.
- Track and manage work IT Roadmap, driving best practice initiatives.
- Act as a key partner to our senior software engineers, ensuring that our architecture roadmap is a key input into our technical delivery, as well as listening, understanding, and responding to the needs of the engineers
- Shape our control framework, working through Engineers and Architects to deliver a patterns and standards set ready for modern digital development
- Define and agree the IT Roadmap for our Customer-facing applications
- Have played an active part in architecture and design governance
- Working knowledge of infrastructure and security architecture practices and concerns
- TOGAF or equivalent qualifications.
- Strong understanding of modern software development practices
- Strong understanding of building applications through containerised microservices-based architectures, with a working-to-strong understanding of cloud methodologies
- Prior experience in a senior solution architecture position.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A