Will act as the lead credit analyst on a broad portfolio of Financial Sponsors clients. As part of this role, the candidate will undertake an independent credit risk assessments of portfolio and individual transactions with the aim of supporting responsible business growth within Lloyds Bank North America and manage existing credit exposure.
- Manage credit portfolio of existing and new to bank Financial Sponsors clients by undertaking full credit analysis, due diligence, control and exposure monitoring processes.
- Undertake regular full credit due diligence of Private Equity funds, including face-to-face client meetings (when required).
- Build knowledge of the sectors and areas of business where credit involvement and responsibilities are held as well as maintaining an appreciation of the wider Lloyds Banking Group North America business markets and credit implications.
- Support the process to ensure sound asset quality by monitoring of each counterparty via the annual renewal process (more frequent reviews are mandatory for medium and high risk counterparties)
- Together with regular management information, trends in performance, news flow etc to ensure the early identification of deteriorating credit quality and recommendation of an appropriate course of action (including Special Mention, BSU involvement etc).
- Work proactively with the Front office colleagues to determine most appropriate credit terms for the credit documentation, ISDA/CSA and covenants.
- The ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Advanced degree in relevant field from recognized university
- Initiative and sound judgment
- Professional certifications relevant to the role are a plus
- The stakeholder management skills to build partnerships with business leaders and with other departments
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the relevant field or in similar financial institution
- Solid understanding of the relevant sectors, including the recent market trends and developments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A