As a DB2 Systems Programmer Product Owner on the zSeries Mainframe you’ll be the technical authority for this area and be responsible for all products and day to day resource management of the team using demand planning and liaising with other product owners in the Z platform.
- Demand planning and day to day management of the DB sys prog team
- Represent z/Database support team in WAR room/conference calls with incident management and technical teams in order to restore service.
- Provide consultancy skills to Application teams as required.
- Support and implement changes to the Db2 estate within LBG as required.
- Resolution of incidents and problems across the LBG estate in line with LBG KPI’s.
- Responsible for all z/DB products and their exploitation
- Working with security teams to maintain and deliver the Bank’s strategy in regards to access within mainframe database products
- Work effectively with the wider z/Database team to ensure the smooth transition of projects into live service.
- Provide 24×7 support and provide out of hours support for projects and other team workload as required.
- Expert DB2 knowledge on the z/platform
- Highly motivated and supportive/team player with a strong delivery ethic, willing to work unsociable hours when required and at short notice to support incidents and delivery of key projects.
- Manage the Sign-off that solution/service is fit for Production environment as part of Gateway, working effectively with the wider team to ensure an efficient handover to support
- Proven ability to recognise and drive through improvements related to products and processes across the z/Database Platform.
- Experience of database performance tuning and diagnosis.
- Knowledge BMC utilities and DB2 V11 / V12 features an advantage
- Previous experience in a technical team lead role
- Proven ability to work with key stakeholders and communicate technical issues and concepts in an appropriate manner.
- Strong delivery experience ideally operating in varied IT environments or companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A