As a Lead software engineer in CDS team you will be expected to help build and shape the engineering team capability to both support existing technologies and applications as well as adopting cloud technologies amongst various innovative and emerging technologies to build the bank of the future.
- We work as a skilled cohesive team delivering architecture, infrastructure, frameworks and services that underpin the bank’s Customer system of record.
- We build & deliver customer centric outcomes whilst also supporting the financial, commercial, compliance and risk interests of the organisation.
- We’re responsible for crafting outstanding data quality solutions and API capabilities for the group using technical expertise to support change delivery through modern engineering tools and methods.
- As a valued member of our team, you will be expected to provide support, knowledge and mentoring to the teams. This includes helping teams to use the best engineering practices, tooling and methods and to encourage them to contribute towards inner-source activities and self-development forums.
- We have a strong passion and technical understanding of how to acquire, organise and present data through a variety of access systems.
- We nurture our teams, support them through a culture of openness and trust, providing everyone an opportunity to grow.
- 5+ years of combined experience in software development, skilled in one or more language such as Java, Scala
- Able to listen, reflect and respect the views of others as well as being able to communicate your own opinion but you’re not strongly tied to it
- Experience working with container environments in particular Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Knowledge and experience of agile principles and practices
- Passionate about continuous integration, continuous delivery and automation
- A strong Engineering background with broad knowledge of tools, techniques, and platforms, including cloud hosting.
- Experience working with Spring, Hibernate, REST APIs, JSON, Microservices
- A self-starter, who encourages and motivates the teams around you
- Experience of leading and embedding engineering transformation initiatives across teams.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A