You’ll be able to detail a robust and regulator ready rationale to support and evidence the decisions that has been made for each alert. This should cover all eventualities of an investigation such as eyeball approach, a full investigation leading to no further action or full investigation where a Suspicious Transaction and Order Report (STOR)/SAR is raised.
- Input into the development of asset class specific proficiencies for FX and Commodities or Rates, Credit and Money Markets within the team, training other team members.
- Contribute to the development of Markets Transaction Monitoring capabilities and competencies across the business.
- Act as subject matter expert, have direct and positive engagement with internal partners to provide specialist guidance and effectively assess/manage financial crime risk.
- Drive improvements in the communications review, linking alerts across different channels and developing risk-based scenarios and alerts.
- Responsible for undertaking analytical assessments of alerts and trades to formulate a decision of if Financial Crime might have occurred. This includes analysing data sets, voice and written communications.
- Provide input into annual product review, risk refresh and control effectiveness reviews. Support the team to define and regularly review a monitoring and testing plan for the key controls identified by the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process.
- Be responsible for driving your own learning & development and stay on top of industry developments to maintain an appropriate skills.
- General understanding across asset classes including FX, Commodities, Rates, Money Markets and Credit products.
- An understanding of AML/CTF typologies and how financial crime manifests itself in Market’s products.
- Experience working or supporting a financial/capital markets business, understanding systems and processes, including key lifecycle events of trades.
- Having a grasp of the wider landscape e.g. geographical/political and of Fraud & Financial Crime legislation/regulation.
- Experience gained from working in Transaction Monitoring, Transaction Reporting, Surveillance or similar subject area.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Commercial Banking including the various customer sub-divisions, entity types and banking products/facilities.
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory framework (e.g. FCA principles, AML Regulations)
- Knowledge of different methods of trading and associated trading strategies.
- Understanding of LBG or similar Operational Risk Framework methodology and systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A