The role also involves owning and closing Audit issues, the application of data analytics and a mind-set to learn new products and business areas. You will work closely with a team of experienced Auditors gaining a broad exposure to the entire suite of Banking products overtime, along with associated support and second line functions.
- Own work assignments as directed by the Engagement Lead, executing work to a high standard ensuring quality and timely delivery of work in line with audit methodology as well as the work performed by the team so that minimal amendments are required.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues as well as being involved in the delivery and execution of key GIA or team specific initiatives.
- Building both your own and the teams knowledge of data analytic tools and techniques and apply these principles continuously during audit work.
- Support the team on the maintenance of Auditable Entities within the LBCM US & Islands Audit Universe.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with key selected stakeholders and auditees within the audit engagements or areas of continuous monitoring responsibility.
- Whilst this role is not solely an IT Audit role, preferred candidates will have a good working knowledge of IT controls and have performed some degree of assurance work in the IT space.
- Knowledge of how to use or apply data analytics tools such as Python and R to drive impactful audit outcomes and continuous risk monitoring.
- Have obtained or are working towards professional certifications (CPA, CRP, CIA, CFSA, ACCA, ACAMS, AMLCA)
- An understanding of risks and controls and a basic understanding of financial and lending products, their risks and how they generate revenues.
- A basic understanding of the regulatory environment in the US.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of the Commercial Bank working in Internal or External Audit or within a Risk Function.
- BS / BA in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required.
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A