In this role you’ll use data analytics solutions to drive innovation and enable the cyber threat management strategy. You’ll also develop and implement threat monitoring use cases, derived from appropriate threat intelligence sources and advanced data modelling techniques
- Produce clear and consistent technical documentation using standard templates.
- Provide technical guidance to peers and junior staff members.
- Assess efficiency and effectiveness of threat monitoring rules by adapting to the changing threat landscape and technologies
- Produce and document appropriate detection, containment and response strategies in accordance to business requirements
- Provide advice and guidance around IT Cyber Security industry related best practice to Governance teams
- Assess and resolve issues in relation to functionality, integration and automation of in-scope toolsets
- Understanding of cloud designs and security deployment models
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, VBA etc)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of security and operational requirements of commonly used operating systems
- Diagnostic skills and an ability to analyse technical information from multiple sources.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex messages to stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to interpret hypotheses to deliver and deploy the resultant detective controls.
- Knowledge and deep understanding of other technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS).
- Demonstrable systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in any SIEM/SOAR toolset
- Experience with DevOps/BizOps pipelines, CI/CD – Ansible, Chef, Docker, Terraform, Python automation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A