Direct the day-to-day Inbound and/or Outbound operations. In conjunction with other members of the senior executive staff, lead short and long term strategic planning of the operations to ensure all facility and organization goals and objectives are achieved.
- Work closely with operational leaders to prepare for staffing needs projected by volume plans (daily, weekly and monthly). Create/use staffing tools that model staffing needs based on business demand changes. Escalate situations of non-compliance based on reports.
- Performs other related duties, special projects or assignments as required.
- Develop and maintain procedures and metrics that assure customer service satisfaction levels are attained.
- Develop and maintain a work culture that is successful and committed to superior customer service.
- Ensure departments meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, and customer service.
- Responsible for the development of training programs and ensures staff understanding of programs.
- Responsible for driving and managing the change associated with organizational growth.
- Responsible for the direction of the Inbound and/or Outbound operations and all that it entails: Ensuring we meet or exceed our Units Per Hour (UPH), Cartons Per Unit (CPU), Service on Time (SOT) and Fill Rate goals and targets.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Provides a safe work environment for staff. Develops and enforces Safe / Smart work practices.
- Continually analyze work processes to identify optimization opportunities and implement process improvements.
- Coach and counsel executive direct reports, ensure associate counseling and coaching is taking place.
- Identify / develop / implement short and long term strategies which enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency for each of the operations departments.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- 5+ years related experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- At least five years proficiency in Microsoft Office Required (Word, Excel, Access).
- Business and intellectual competencies to include: industry understanding of warehouse management and supply chain/logistics trends.
- Excellent written communication skills – 2 years experience summarizing data and outlining directions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Ability to solve problems as well as recognize issues and deal with them directly
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around facility or department
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Owasso, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A