Lead, Software Engineering at Macy’s Technology reports to the Manager, Software Engineering, and plays a key role in leading the software engineering technical direction and development of enterprise solutions. As a lead engineer, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports a product.
- Work collaboratively in a group of passionate developers in a high energy, fast paced and outcome-oriented environment.
- Create/review technical design documentation and Provide leadership including constructive code reviews and design guidance to team members.
- Lead a technical team by example and foster growth in junior team members.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed software systems.
- 4+ years of experience with open source technology technologies in a high volume distributed environment.
- Experience in multi-channel retail technologies preferred.
- Must have Java in depth knowledge – as well as an ability in mastering other tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages as well as experienced in open-source web and data technologies (Spring Boot, NoSQL, Microservices, Cloud services (Google preferred)).
- MA/MS and BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects – can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Experience working in a DevOps-oriented culture that prioritizes continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Overall 8+ years of experience in the software development and high-volume enterprise systems.
- 3+ years of experience in Building cloud-native applications in private & public cloud (GCP preferred).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Island City, New York, United States
Application Deadline: N/A