As the leader of Sales and Customer Service, you will lead by driving sales and selling with focus on the Macy’s customer and colleagues. All activities related to presenting a clean, neat and organized shopping environment for our customers and managing all aspects of selling support are under your direction.
- Actively fill open positions prioritizing internal colleagues in Customer Experience, Commission, and High Level selling areas.
- Review Sales and Star Rewards results and strategize action for continued improvement. Determine strategies to drive and motivate colleagues to solicit the Star Rewards Program by reinforcing the benefits of new accounts.
- Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of colleagues and establish career progression plans for key players and positions to result in retention of best talent and turnover reduction.
- Support Manager, OMNI Operations when needed to complete fulfillment, product movement logistics, and back of house activities.
- Drive and exceed sales goals by leading Macy’s initiatives through coaching and recognition, while optimizing productivity and efficiency.
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis.
- Continue to build the client relationship between Macy’s Stylists and customers through MyClient and other customer acquisition initiatives.
- Support Manager, Style Merchandise Execution when needed to complete all merchandising, product movement, price changes, visual execution and event set-up activities.
- Manage all aspects of Selling Support including workload execution, backstocking and equipment return, maintaining stockroom and signing standards, and supporting the merchandising process.
- Support Manager, Asset Protection when needed with execution of shortage reduction strategies and merchandise protection.
- Plan and execute events and community outreach.
- Lead customer service in the store. Ensure colleagues engage with customers and provide a friendly and easy to shop environment.
- Review and utilize Sales data to provide colleague recognition; develop and communicate strategies to improve results.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively present to management and internal and external business partners, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Exchange.
- A minimum of 3-5 years retail management in a department or specialty store.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred, but not required.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, and feel; frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A