As a Senior, Project Management (SPM), you will have direct responsibility over the administration and implementation of all assigned construction and capital projects. You will coordinate with contracted suppliers and store management to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget and at the highest quality level.
- Work with stores, district and regional partners and suppliers for quick resolution of property damage claims.
- Support the capital approval process including budget and scope development and preparation of phasing plans and project schedules.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Networking and partnering (showing strength in communication skills) with other Macy’s Inc. departments which may include Stores, Strategic Procurement, Energy, Risk Management, Capital Planning and Capital Control.
- Strategic initiatives to further develop, refine and improve management of project operations.
- The SPM oversees the construction, bidding and administration processes in compliance with Capital Control policies and procedures; participates in the development and maintenance of construction cost estimates and forecasts, oversees the maintenance of ongoing budget tracking reports. Manages financial commitments to ensure projects remain within budget.
- Establish and maintain a network of highly effective and competitive general contractors, building trades sub-contractors and architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing service suppliers.
- Mentor and coach Project Mangers as required or when requested.
- Support Store Environment team and stores organization to grow sales.
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent follow-up skills
- Strong financial and administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Fluency in MS Office Suite applications incl. MS Access and Project, and high comfort level with technology
- Ability to train and develop people
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to define concerns and provide appropriate solutions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A