The CAD Design Director is responsible for directing the textile team in the creation of designs exclusively for Private Brands and developing prints and pattern work that support customer-centric Private Brands. This position is responsible for setting the brand seasonal artwork direction, directing all aspects of graphics, prints, yarn dyes, and embroideries, and managing the entire CAD Team for the area of responsibility.
- Produce cohesive textile presentations, including virtual or physical artwork boards, artwork headers, and tear sheets to help build concepts that represent our customer’s needs.
- Lead the CAD Team in the development and execution of textile designs to achieve overall product strategy and merchandise objectives in a timely manner
- Lead the research and development of seasonal trends, macro shifts, and artwork nuances
- Modify the textile designs based on trend, sales, and customer input
- Lead the Textile development process, including organizing artwork brainstorming sessions, developing unique and induvial artwork for the responsible brands, and ensure teams are creating files that meet technical and costing requirements for proper execution.
- Support Design and Merchant teams with textile presentation materials needed for milestone meetings including print concept boards and virtual or physical artwork boards.
- Assist in identifying the key patterns that comprise each classification
- Maintain relationships with merchants, PD/Sourcing, Apparel Design, and Color to exchange ideas, leverage expertise, and streamline the process
- Set the category seasonal artwork direction and lead from Concept to Execution
- Travel to Europe/Asia/Domestic markets to identify emerging themes and new inspirations and work with vendor partners
- Maintain an industry presence that allows for connections, new business opportunities, and ideas at Macy’s. Represent and support the Macy’s brand while maintaining this presence and building relationships
- Compile textile development packages and distribute them with apparel design partnership to vendors and overseas offices for sampling
- Ensure design strategy + merchant strategies align, and build creative direction to support.
- Coordinate line with Apparel Design teams to ensure cohesive aesthetic integrity within the brands, and across.
- Develop and execute textile designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchandise objectives
- Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendar for area of responsibility
- Interpret seasonal textile direction, assortment opportunities, and merchandise pattern trends for area of responsibility
- An inspirational leader with the ability to identify, engage and motivate talent with a future-oriented mindset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Fine arts, or related degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence, and deliver impactful presentations.
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, and showcased ability to work with cross-brand teams
- 10+ years of experience in textile design and development in a retail or wholesale environment
- In-Depth knowledge of textile design and development process for apparel
- Competitive shop and determine the action necessary to address competitive challenges. Identify any product opportunities and provide suggestions.
- Deep subject matter expertise in the textile competitive market.
- Strong knowledge of technology and textile programs such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong sense of print trends, the industry landscape, and drive for innovation in the space.
- Commitment to DEI initiatives, and measured focused on inclusivity
- Proficiency in PC operation, MS office, and Excel as well as Illustrator/Photoshop and PLM
- Able to develop, plan, and present given category of business.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A