The Digital Media Specialist is responsible for collaborating with internal and external partners (Agency Partners / Media Publishers) to develop strategic media recommendations that meet Macy’s marketing goals. In addition to a robust media background, it is imperative that this person be a strong communicator.
- Leverage customer insights and media industry knowledge to inform test ideation and design, maintain healthy pipeline of agile tests, work with Strategy Lead to assess impact and prioritize
- Use and analyze industry trends, performance data, and other resources to inform media strategies and optimizations.
- Responsible for being a business expert in digital media – this person is a resource for other business and marketing groups.
- Manage collisions within the channel (both inside and outside the pod) and inform the control tower of upcoming tests for each sprint
- Manage external relationships with non-Pod colleagues and vendors to plan and execute tests, remove barriers as necessary
- Aggressively pursue and implement new media ideas and applications that build Macy’s business.
- Collaborate with Measurement Lead to develop testing plans and ensure adequate testing populations and treatments
- Lead digital media testing within Macy’s Agile Testing Pods – this cross functional group acts with a start-up mentality within Macy’s, operating in two-week sprints to ideate and execute testing to drive incremental revenue for the business
- Responsible for end-to-end activation of each test from hypothesis to measurement – owns interaction points with pod members (e.g. strategy, creative, measurement) and other relevant stakeholders to get tests executed (e.g. agency, systems)
- Maintains connection to and knowledge of Macy’s media campaigns – acts as liaison between agile testing pod and BAU media owners to properly assess testing implications
- At the beginning of a sprint, take point on identifying the “tasks” needed to design and launch a test (Test Lead is not necessarily responsible for executing all tasks)
- Strong perspective on the best ways to leverage the channel for impact, but open to new ideas and ways of doing things
- Demonstrated ability to understand business goals and develop unique media opportunities that deliver on the business goal.
- Must have media planning experience (agency preferred) – programmatic display experience preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including strong presentation experience.
- Proven track record of conceptualizing programs, selling-in internally, and executing.
- Experience working with the retail industry or a multi-unit company with a field organization is helpful (e.g. retail, automotive, fast food, entertainment, etc.).
- Experience interacting with vendors/contractors, including effective project scoping, managing for results, and financial and operational accountability.
- 5+ years of digital media marketing experience working with significant media budgets is required.
- BA Required
- Ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders and juggle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Analytical and creative with a quick, passionate and assertive approach.
- Proactive and passionate to make progress
- Innovative and influential style to push the team to try new approaches
- Must demonstrate competency across awareness, traffic and performance media and how the three complement each other.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A