The Director, Studio Creative manages the creative development of all design assets and physical production for Macy’s Branded Entertainment events, including: the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Macy’s Santalands, Macy’s Flower Show, the 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular, and more.
- Cultivates talent & develops leadership succession plan.
- Recruits talented, collaborative, high-performing creators who consistently deliver excellence.
- Inspiring leader who builds a collaborative work environment and proactively addresses team issues.
- Leads, inspires & motivates team to drive creative excellence, innovation & results.
- Drives collaboration to deliver breakthrough opportunities across Macy’s entertainment landscape.
- Evaluates ongoing organizational needs, structure, and workflow for rapidly changing needs.
- Provides meaningful, clear creative direction & feedback that meets event objectives.
- Sells creative work to key stakeholders and senior management, effectively communicating strategies and concepts to gain support.
- Drives creative development/strategy to ensure alignment with brand identity standards.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience in content creation across traditional, digital, social and emerging media.
- Proven track record of developing & mentoring individuals and teams, and of retaining talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Communications and/or portfolio that demonstrates mastery of editorial voice.
- Strategic thinker who balances project goals with brand needs in all aspects of creative development.
- 7+ years previous creative leadership/management experience required.
- Finds solutions that integrate business and brand objectives.
- Able to plan, prioritize, organize, and delegate work effectively.
- Previous experience working in television production, theater production, or live events.
- Strong analytical skills and effective decision maker.
- Shares vision and credit, celebrates successes.
- Excellent communication, presentation and storytelling skills.
- Initiates and promotes ideas that drive the business.
- Takes ownership, focuses on results and strives for continuous improvement.
- Competition- and industry-aware. Knows what others are doing in all media types and in store, and can adapt learnings.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A