The Assistant Buyer will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented business partner. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with and effective at devising and recommending assortment strategies at department, class, and vendor levels.
- Track key item performance and make recommendations to maximize sales revenue
- Articulate and present customer lifestyle differences within each department
- Participate in style out to present assortments independently and recommend, then execute assortment edits Vendors, Pricing, Marketing & Visual Merchandising Site/Stores
- Reconcile orders with financial plans; manage receipt flow to satisfy requirements of financial plan Assortment Vision, Strategy & Selection
- Liaise weekly with Financial Planning to provide insights for forecasting
- Develop purchase orders and partners with Buying Director, Merchandise Planning, and vendors to secure merchandise
- Develop assortment strategy for key items with Buying Director’s input
- Update receipts on order for ROF and review with Buying Director
- First point of contact with Vendor Community, Marketing, Visual, Stores, and Pricing
- Negotiate with vendors for on-order quantities and ship date adjustments; resolve shipping problems and relay issues to Buying Director
- Communicate with vendors to ensure timely collection of MDAs/markdowns/RTVs and partner with Financial Planning to ensure alignment with in-season VMT input
- Provide Buying Director with detailed performance analysis to assist in determining in-season item-level changes
- In Season Forecasting & ROF
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Proficiency with Excel and Outlook
- 1-2 years related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Ability to interpret financial information accurately
- Ability to think creatively, analytically, strategically and technically
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A