The Style Merchandise Manager drives sales, profit and an extraordinary customer experience by leading and developing strategies that bring Macy’s Own Your Style to life through compelling merchandise execution and impactful visual presentations.
- Lead DEI through mannequin and trend presentations inspiring customers to find their personal style.
- Drive optimal merchandise execution standards, dissect seasonal and monthly execution guides and tailor to store architecture and assortment.
- Drive the communication, execution and training of all visual merchandising directives, merchandising standards for each family of business, and brand partner standards to ensure the floor is always customer-ready. Follow ADA standards. Seek appropriate feedback from Division and Region partners.
- Provide strategic support for Own Your Style fixtures/fashion and trend set ups. Follow centrally provided style and fashion inspiration on a monthly and seasonal cadence, but leverage own knowledge and curiosity for current fashion, styling and trends along with a passion for creating an inspiring customer experience.
- Train and develop the Customer Experience Manager and hourly colleagues on merchandise placement, execution and style, including visual elements.
- Inspire Fashion and Style through compelling merchandise presentation and visual statements.
- Drive sales and profit results by leading and developing strategies and appropriately planning/executing workload on the following: pricing, signing, visual execution, merchandise execution, event execution.
- Deliver impactful visual presentations (mannequin styling, window installations, trend statements, fixture placement and consistency, wall formats, visual collateral).
- Execute the inventory management strategy in collaboration with Supply Chain to support end of year inventory process.
- Actively seek and share best practice photos and actions with peers and team.
- Actively participate and communicate in monthly conference calls with District Visual Director.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Exchange.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred, but not required.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, and feel; frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively present to management and internal and external business partners, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and RF equipment.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- A minimum of 3-5 years retail management in a department or specialty store.
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A