The Associate Designer is responsible for the design, development, selection, and approval of materials, trims, silhouettes, colors and patterns for area of responsibility. Responsible for a specific classification or area. This position will support the Design team in developing and executing a strategic vision, with a progressive, customer centric-approach all while delivering on sales and profit objectives.
- Collaborate with Tech team to make sure corrects specs are used for sample development
- Develop flat mechanical sketches for design development packages and request development samples
- Research the retail market seeking new merchandise/trend ideas
- Responsible for creating and distributing color cards & pattern development sheets (delete this)
- Select and approves style, materials, trims and colors that fit into the program and style plans
- Review and comment on development samples
- Produce cohesive product presentations, including boards, tear sheets and samples to help sell concepts to merchants
- Responsible for creating and distributing fabric development packages (delete this)
- Responsible for tracking and approving strike-offs, samples and other development materials
- Work with Senior Designer on development and execution of product designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchandise objectives
- Ensure designs meet Brand DNA direction and assortment strategies
- Research the trend market seeking design inspiration (materials, fashion, color, trade shows) as needed
- Participate in research and development of seasonal trends
- Interpret specific color palettes, patterns and prints for the season
- Interpret seasonal fashion direction, assortment opportunities and merchandise trends for area of responsibility
- Prepare line and presentation materials for all milestone meetings including color boards, concept boards, print, and storyboards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence
- Competitive research and determine action necessary to address competitive challenges
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Identify any product opportunities and provide suggestions.
- Understands competitive marketplace and pursues white space opportunities that align with Polaris Strategy and the Brand DNA
- Able to develop, plan, and present given category of business
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines
- Ideally, 3-4-plus years of industry experience.
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and PLM
- Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum
- Strong color sense/print sense
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or Fine Arts
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A