Website State of Maryland
The main purpose of this position is to provide a complete range of administrative and secretarial support duties to the Barrack Commander, Assistant Commander, Criminal Section Commander, as well as uniform and civilian personnel assigned to the Leonardtown Barrack. This includes working in coordination with allied law enforcement agencies and the public.
- Relieves the supervisor of operational details by assembling, compiling and summarizing data into a concise form and preparing reports;
- Types manuscripts, correspondence, reports and other documents using a keyboard of a personal computer;
- Acts as an intermediary for the supervisor maintaining frequent contacts with public and private executives, professional staff and other officials;
- Provides secretarial support to one or more officials, administrators or administrative staff;
- Receives telephone calls and visitors and arranges for appointments and interviews;
- Drafts routine and complex correspondence;
- Provides information to callers in regard to laws, rules, regulations, operations and procedures governing the agency’s operations;
- Interprets administrative decisions and policies to staff and transmits instructions with the authority of the supervisor;
- Have experience performing administrative and clerical duties at the municipal, county, state or federal levels of government.
- Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
- Have experience performing administrative and clerical duties with law enforcement or a law enforcement agency.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maryland, United States
Application Deadline: N/A