Website State of Maryland
This position is a Special Appointment position serving as the lead office administrator and intermediary for the Assistant State Superintendent of Financial Planning, Operations, and Strategy and is responsible for providing high-level administrative and secretarial support in establishing and maintaining all office protocols.
- Serves as intermediary for the Deputy State Superintendent in overseeing operational details;
- Establishes and maintains contact with agency executive associates and other staff;
- Provides copy-editing support for internal and external Finance Office communications; sustains direct oversight of scheduling and calendar logistics;
- Completes and prepares documents for Assistant State Superintendent review-approval and signature; establishes and maintains filing systems for records and documents; addresses and directs incoming correspondence and inquiries;
- Reviews and tracks legislative details during the legislative session; develops forms, summaries, and presentations;
- Requisitions supplies, reconciles credit card statements and expense accounts, and completes special assignments as directed.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience providing administrative support to a senior or executive level manager.
- One year of the above experience must have included Office Management.
- Relevant experience in a State or local government agency is a desirable.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of office administration;
- Knowledge of standard business English; extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Knowledge of Google applications; ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment; skill in time management and personal organization; skill in preparing detailed and accurate documentation;
- Ability to prioritize and respond to inquiries from internal staff, high level administrators, constituents, stakeholders and the general public;
- Ability to follow instructions; ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment.
Company: State of Maryland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maryland, United States
Application Deadline: N/A