Website Merrill Lynch
The Commercial Credit Underwriter is responsible for underwriting and structuring of straightforward and complex credit transactions with minimal oversight from the CO (Credit Officer)/CCM (Commercial Credit Manager).
- They report to the Commercial Credit Manager and partner closely with Credit Officers and Analysts.
- Underwriter leads documentation and closing for straightforward credit transactions and has an active role with the CO in documentation and closing for complex transactions.
- The Underwriter provides ongoing coaching and support to other Credit team members.
- The Underwriter leads the credit approval process with assistance from the CO/CCM as needed for clients with straight forward credit needs and is an active participant with the CO in credit approval process for complex clients/transactions.
- They deliver financial, industry, economic and other analysis to facilitate decision making, while also ensuring adherence to credit policies, guidelines, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Strong communication and analytical/technical skills, including financial accounting, modeling and loan structuring
- 5+ years of solid experience in financial analysis, structuring, underwriting and portfolio management in Commercial Banking
- BS/BA degree preferred
Company: Merrill Lynch
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut, US
Application Deadline: N/A