Website Merrill Lynch
A Strategist in Wealth Strategy answers client’s estate and financial planning questions by performing a variety of analyses, creating recommendations for the client based on those analyses and integrating those recommendations into a holistic plan designed to achieve the client’s goals.
- Occasionally work on Wealth Strategy-wide issues
- Assists in developing and executing marketing and sales efforts, including speaking at seminars and writing articles for publication
- Proactively helps the Division Executives and Market Executives meet their goals
- Develops holistic, integrated planning strategies, with a focus on how GWIM can implement those strategies for our clients
- Mentors Associate Strategists and Analysts
- Keeps current with major developments in tax and estate and financial planning
- Participates actively in developing new Wealth Strategy capabilities, such as white papers and software tools
- Gathers data, runs analyses and develops solutions based on analyses
- Creates final version of client plan
- Delegates effectively to Associate Strategists and Analysts
- Oversees the planning engagement from start to finish
- Various Wealth Strategy stochastic models and planning software such as WealthMaster.
- Advanced understanding of the transfer tax system and core tax savings strategies such as irrevocable trusts ,SIDGTs, and GST trusts.
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 10 years of planning-related work experience required
- Advanced understanding of charitable and non-charitable split interest trusts (CRTs, CLTS, GRATs, QPRTs).
- JD, CPA, or CFP required
- LLM, MST, MBA (or in progress) a plus
- Advanced understanding of a wide range of subject matters including income taxation, stock options, insurance, investments and cash flow modeling, business entities and business transitions.
- Expand existing client relationships, assist advisors in new sales, and represent the firm in the marketplace.
- Gain client’s respect and trust by listening to the client’s goals and then building an effective and creative strategy for achieving those goals.
Company: Merrill Lynch
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Troy, Michigan, US
Application Deadline: N/A