The candidate who fills this role will be a senior leader within the Versant Health Finance team and the broader Supplemental Health Pricing team. This position serves as our Versant Health Pricing Actuary for Versant’s Commercial Third Party, Government Routine and Government Medical Management business segments.
- Participate in industry studies and surveys to understand current market trends
- Support vision product development initiatives, including participation in product and contract design, developing assumptions and pricing models to price the new product features.
- Stay abreast of competitive insights at local market level and adjust pricing strategy accordingly
- Be involved/fully engaged in customer specific pricing escalations.
- Lead pricing actuary for Versant Health pricing, including the development and implementation of pricing strategy in conjunction with Underwriting and CFO teams.
- Develop and maintain documentation on pricing strategies and underwriting guidelines for each segment, working in conjunction with the Underwriting team.
- Work with CFO Financial Projection team in developing plan assumptions (sales, persistency, renewal rate, claim trend, loss ratios, etc.) and revising them monthly based on emerging experience and feedback from market segments.
- Provide pricing and financial support to partners in Product, Sales, Underwriting, Operations and Implementation organizations.
- Work with Network Development team to analyze and make financial recommendations on Versant Health’s network offerings, including lab model contracts, retail relationships, and provider fee schedules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to solve complex problems, clearly explain results, and recommend solutions.
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics or related discipline
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA)
- Strong technical skills and modeling capabilities: Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A