The Technology Software Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer’s requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments The engineer will participate in architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro services, SDN, NFV, and Big Data platforms and technologies.
- Innovation: Develops, designs, and implements new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service.
- Develops, designs, and implements new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing or new system/process/service.
- Investigative independent study and problem solving for non-routine tasks. Analyzes existing processes and vendor roadmaps to highlight upcoming technology changes that would make the processes or tools more effective within a given VP function. Contributes to the creation of company IPR.
- Technical Leadership: Monitor and influence relevant industry technologies and standards. Present highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical decision-makers.
- Continuously learns, creates content, and teaches others specific subject areas.
- Informally coaches and contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions.
- Coach and develop engineers across functional teams on technology decisions.
- Influence technology and policy decisions made across the VP organization.
- Understand financial decisions, including NPV and ROI, based on customer experience/business drivers.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects and team members by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations.
- Expected to supervise base through senior level engineers as needed. Will be expected to present project improvement scenarios to management for consideration.
- Technical Writing: Writes advanced documentation, architecture, capabilities, limitations, and advantages for technologies. Creates and modifies clear documentation for new code and systems used.
- Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption and consideration at the director level. Contributes to industry professional norms. Contributes to the protection of company IPR.
- Technical System Expertise: Deep understanding of system parameters, configurations, and how to alter them for desired results. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead teams and deliver complex software designs.
- Subject matter expert in the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected.
- Good understanding of adjacent processes and workflows.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science or Engineering Req
- Technical Writing Req
- Strategic Thinking Req
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Communication Req
- Analytics Req
- 7-10 years Technical engineering experience. Req
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Service Req
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Frisco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A