The Project Manager is a critical member of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Team responsible for driving a range of small to large projects. He/Her/They will have the ability to impact pivotal DE&I initiatives and act as liaison between project team members and stakeholders across HR, Employee Resource Groups (ERG), DE&I Chapters, and various lines of business.
- Defines budgeting process for all projects. Through knowledge and team input, provides initial estimates to drive the business case, defines monthly budget forecasts, collects actuals from finance, identifies areas of potential variance early in the forecasting process, and provides an accurate report on variance to leadership
- Makes informed decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with projects
- Creates long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and ensuring those targets are met. Serves as a main point of contact to ensure collaboration and alignment.
- Uses knowledge and input from the project team to accurately define Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and scope to provide a common understanding of the project. Uses planning, estimating, and controlling skills to minimize risk of potential scope creep. Manages expectations and help others understand the impact of change(s).
- Creates project schedules by defining needed activities, as well as identifying their sequencing, resourcing needs, approximate duration, and leveraging the team as a validation point.
- Uses schedules as communication and management tools to ensure projects stay on track, making needed adjustments to address project exceptions
- Creates, owns and drives multiple projects, monitoring progression to ensure project health and to provide transparency to risks and issues that require stakeholder support and action. Establishes and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies potential project risks, and implements risk mitigation strategies to alleviate them should they occur, leveraging the team as a validation point.
- Agile, Scrum, OKR Management
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Project Management preferred
- Formal project management work experience
- PMP Preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communications
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to establish trust and integrity
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Overland Park, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A