The Manager, Product & Technology is responsible for executing the design, product and technical build, support and maintenance of a key product or limited product portfolio, as well as the supporting technology capabilities and infrastructure that support that product in an Agile driven environment. Most often leading teams of 5 – 10 FTE, and may lead teams of onshore and offshore contracting companies. Direct reporting line may include team(s) of Product Manager(s), Product Owner(s), technical and solution architecture, DevOps management, UI / UX, Test, as well as full stack Software Development.
- Regularly cascades to direct reports Vision, Strategy, and goal based communications from executive and direct leadership.
- Works collaboratively with peers in Software Engineering, Architecture, etc. to apply Lean principles.Strategy, Vision, and Analysis
- Develops change management and communications plans, and executes or drives execution connected with internal change initiatives originated by direct leadership or P&T leadership.
- Provides review and guidance to Product Management team on product vision, strategy, roadmap for product(s) or group of products, methods and frequency of customer research and feedback, ROI analysis / funding, including identification and remediation of possible gaps.
- Participates in organizational design thinking / strategy to best structure the team and leverage resources. This includes periodic review of current and anticipated staffing capacity.
- Develops and maintains culture, process, and consistent action for continuous improvement across Agile teams.
- Supports Product Team with enterprise process to secure and maintain product funding. Works to resolve any blockers or issues with product funding.
- Designs and develops methods and tools to measure team performance striking a balance between customer or technology based innovation, quality, speed to market, Agile team velocity, cost.
- Works in collaboration with Sr Manager and / or Director to develop strategy, plan, goals (outcomes) for their scope of business. Collaboration should extend to customer teams and groups, as well as close working teams within P&T.
- Supports learning and adoption of Lean principles and processes within Product Management team.
- Agile Project Management Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools. Req
- Agile Knowledge of the overall execution relating to all aspects of an agile development team, from defining the strategy and architecture through deployment and support. Req
- Collaboration Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest. Req
- Agile Methodologies Knowledge in software with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools. Req
- Communication Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence. Req
- Tableau Fluent with SQL, Tableau, other analytical solutions like SAS, SPSS. Req
- Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent experience. Req
- Technology Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives. Req
- Business Analysis Strong analytical skills with ability to identify/analyze/ synthesize product use data. Req
- SQL Fluent with SQL, Tableau, other analytical solutions like SAS, SPSS. Req
- Technical Writing Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences. Req
- 6 -8 years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment. Req
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Overland Park, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A