An opportunity exists within the actuarial valuations team that focuses on individual life products for the Metropolitan Life segment. The successful candidate will form part of the team tasked with producing the various deliverables required from the Group Actuarial area, including liability valuations, Embedded Value calculations, analysis of surplus, cash flow projections and sensitivities for both IFRS and SAM reporting. The role will have a key focus on the development and refinement of projection models and the processes required for quarterly valuations.
- Reserving calculations on statutory and reporting bases
- Keeping actuarial models up to date with legislative and/or regulatory requirements and changes (both locally per country and internationally), for example IFRS17 and SAM.
- Embedded Value calculations for in-force and new business
- Solvency Capital Requirements (SAM/CAR)
- Ongoing review, validation and optimisation of the modelling and valuation processes
- Providing ad-hoc support to the valuation production teams
- Asset-liability modelling
- Analysis of Surplus and change in Embedded Values
- Providing ad-hoc modelling support to the product and pricing teams in respect of new products
- Attention to detail
- Nearly or newly qualified actuary.
- Previous modelling experience in either Prophet or Risk Agility will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years actuarial experience required.
- Drive for results and initiative
- Intermediate SQL knowledge will be an advantage, although not essential.
- Previous experience in the Corporate Actuarial valuations environment will be an advantage.
- Adhering to the values of Momentum Metropolitan
- Strive for excellence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A