Website MiWay Insurance Limited
The role provides exposure to a broad spectrum of corporate actuarial and risk management work. The individual will also have the opportunity to interact with senior management, HAF and external parties.
- Aiding with the internal and external auditing processes.
- Risk Management: Providing support to the risk management function including the ORSA, Risk Appetite Statements and Risk Strategy. Periodically reviewing actuarial-related policies.
- Capital Modelling: Reviewing Standard Formulae Model under SAM. Ensuring the appropriateness of the methodologies and underlying models used as well as the assumptions made in the calculation of the capital requirements. Calculating shareholder distributions. Regularly reviewing the actuarial projections.
- Reserving: Reviewing the calculation of technical provisions as required, including data sourcing, sense checking the data / results and investigating anomalies.
- Supporting the approval process of product amendments and new products.
- IFRS17 development and implementation.
- Microsoft SQL, Excel and Word proficiency.
- Strong technical and communication skills.
- Great work ethic and highly motivated.
- Actuarial Problem Solving
- Experience with SAM, ORSA and IFRS17 will be advantageous.
- Ability to meet deadlines and give regular updates on progress.
- Attention to detail.
Company: MiWay Insurance Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A