Website Ministry of Justice
Administrative Officers are assigned to teams to carry out a variety of general administrative duties to progress cases through the court/tribunal system or provide support to other functions within HMCTS. Continuous improvement tools and techniques are used in HMCTS and so there will be opportunities to exercise discretion and initiative and continually seek to improve, within a framework of systems and processes (SOPS).
- Producing court/tribunal documents.
- To work as a team to ensure TIB (Team Information Board) meetings are relevant, timely and productive
- Handling counter (face to face), written and telephone enquiries.
- Creating and updating records on in-house computer system and data input.
- Contacting relevant parties, scheduling, serving court documents, executing a range of warrants, collecting fines and fees etc, including the use of chip and pin
- Post opening and dispatch.
- Standard letters and correspondence, minutes, notes, reports, submissions etc, according to guidelines and instructions.
- Assisting court users, supporting listing and rota management, checking files
- Preparing papers and files for court, tribunals, hearings and meetings.
- Preparing meeting agenda, joining instructions, handouts etc.
- Clerking civil and family courts, tribunals and hearings, ensuring papers and materials are available and up to date
- Booking, preparing and organising meeting rooms, supporting training courses and other group activities.
- General photocopying and filing.
- To work as a team to problem solve, to assess the impact of new SOPS, to contribute to small projects
- Managing a Quality Service – Level 1
- Delivering at Pace – Level 1
- Face-to-face roles in HMCTS for example a court usher
- Making effective decisions – Level 1
- Contact Centre roles in HMCTS for example call centre advisers
- Processing roles in HMCTS for example Staff at the County Courts Money-Claims Centre and Courts and Tribunal Administration
- Communicating and Influencing – Level 1
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Northampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A