Website Ministry of Justice
As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for writing, debugging and refactoring test code. You will work closely with our software developers to reach a common understanding of the code base and test coverage at unit level. You will collaborate with analysts to make sure the required business scenarios are covered in the acceptance and test scripts. You will also work on both functional and non-functional areas of an application. coach and mentor testers.
- Writing, amending and refactoring code to build simple programs/scripts under direction. Documenting code written and adhering to internal software development standards/processes/procedures.
- Analyse the test results to identify simple patterns and trends. Investigate problems and opportunities in existing functionality of the software, translate findings into impact on the users and the business.
- Work with others to use security controls to design and build secure products. Handle information with confidentiality and integrity, work with stakeholders and SMEs to ensure compliance and information assurance.
- Contribute to planning by estimating your own effort. Practice the agreed methodology and seek advice on how to apply it to your work.
- Review requirements, specifications and define test conditions for both functional and non-functional requirements. Write and execute manual and automated test scripts.
- Participate in product support and carry out agreed infrastructure maintenance tasks. Assist in troubleshooting and identifying faults using modern tools. Some activities may be outside the core office hours (in-line with the organisation’s policy for OOH).
- Understand business processes and activities that impact and that are impacted by the project and systems you are working on. Develop extensive knowledge in the functionality of the systems you are working on, and integrated systems as required.
- Maintain full traceability of defects, tests and requirements. Report issues found through the appropriate channels.
- A proven track record in defining and implementation of test tooling, test environments and test data required for all phases of testing. Good understanding of test types and concepts
- Demonstrable knowledge of business domains and/or systems you tested
- Knowledge of REST web services and API inspection tools
- Experience in load testing tools
- Have been exposed to the application of Agile principles in practice
- Experience in using bug tracking software
- Awareness of packet analyzers
- Experience in writing automated testing programs/scripts, ideally in our core technology stack
- A strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Some experience in design and execution of non-functional test cases in a range of environments
- Show where you have identified issues and risks associated with work whilst being able to analyse and report test activities and results
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A