Website Ministry of Justice
The role will work closely across the different programmes and product managers to ensure adherence to the Change Management process and provide governance over Change control. The Change Manager will work across multidisciplinary teams with management responsibilities over 2 other members of the change team.
- Lead in deconflicting change priorities between teams and projects
- Responsible for running the Change Control Board
- Act as a point of escalation for Change Management in DTS
- A champion of change management, actively improving and optimising current processes
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to promote Change Management and ensure Change Management is embedded into future systems
- Provide specialist input in field to relevant projects and boards
- Gatekeeper to the live environment, owning the change governance and process for Digital Operations*
- Manage the complexities that come with running the Change Practice not only across programmes but also across departments and with external parties
- Design and enhance key processes to ensure changes are effectively assessed by the relevant teams, approved by the correct stakeholder groups and implemented successfully
- Own the end to end Change Management process for DTS and other programme areas
- Point of escalation for Emergency Changes ensuring all prerequisites are met
- Identify and lead continuous improvements activities in the change space
- Creatively come up with ideas and solutions that are aligned to the DTS priorities using available data where possible and advise on tactical and strategic work streams to deliver this
- Own Change Management and ensure adherence to the Change Management process, confidentially pushing back any changes regardless of the urgency if adherence is not met to safe guard live services
- Collaborate across teams to ensure consistency of delivery and adherence to the change process
- Escalate unsuccessful changes making sure postmortem takes place highlighting areas for improvements
- Has broad industry experience in Change Management and is able to implement a successful Change Management process from zero to full maturity
- You will be someone who takes pride in representing Operations and enjoy the challenge of promoting work in the Change Management space.
- Working product knowledge of ServiceNow and JIRA – Desirable
- Strong experience and understanding of the digital agenda within the public sector with proven experience of building and developing relationships across a range of business areas
- Understanding and experience of Release Management Practices and processes
- Has an in-depth understanding of service management framework principles & processes
- You will be motivated by an opportunity to work in a unique public service environment, and for a department that directly delivers services to the public in one of the largest transformation and reform programmes in government.
- You will have strong communication and relationship building skills and a highly collaborative team player approach as well as the ability to interact with senior stakeholders and manage feedback from multiple stakeholder groups.
- You will have great analytical skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work to demanding deadlines whilst ensuring quality.
- Understanding and experience of the ITIL Framework
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A