Website Mr Price Group
To develop and execute seasonal merchandise strategies for a respective category(ies) under supervision taking into account the business strategy, past sales history and current trade in order to forecast stock and sales and build a contemporary homeware to delight our customer.
- Development of an accurate sales forecast, in order to determine optimal stock levels for the purpose of maximizing revenue and gross profit for the category/ies.
- Preparation and presentation of meaningful proposals for relevant portfolio based on the analysis of relevant product performance data, market research, industry best practice and innovation in order to provide the customer with an assortment of quality fashionable and contemporary homeware at value pricing to drive sales and business profit.
- Continuously identifying areas of opportunity and risk within the current execution of planned stock and sales forecasted and development/implementation of individual portfolio actions to correct the projection in order to maintain the forecasted sales trajectory.
- Extraction and analysis of reports in order to provide commentary and insight, under the supervision of Senior Planner, for use in day to day operations and Merchandise Review
- Processes (Window, PM, Strat) in order to further the seasonal merchandise strategy.
- Sales Forecasting.
- Microsoft Office (Excel proficient).
- Retail knowledge.
- 2-4 Years planning experience in Retail.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma (Bachelor of Commerce (Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Retail Business Management, Economics related).
- Stock Flow Management.
- 1-2 Years’ experience as a Trainee Planner.
- Numerical skills.
- Business Acumen.
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A