The role of the Manager: Data Scientist Advertising is to leverage internal and, where applicable, external datasets to build and evolve, using “best practice” methodologies and statistical techniques, MTN’s targeted advertising capabilities within and across MTN’s territorial footprint (OpCo’s).
- Provide input in strategic meetings when required
- Provide input into all projects initiated
- Provide data insights and conduct detailed analysis on data to support strategic decision making
- To analyse markets and competitors detect business opportunities.
- Provide input into the preparation of proposal on change initiatives, policies and procedures
- Provide inputs into the risk mitigation and controls
- Escalate issues that will result in severe time, scope, productivity, and cost or resource impact
- Provide solutions to escalations that have multiple processes / functions impact on critical path of service delivery
- MBA or Masters (advantageous)
- Deep understanding of the digital ecosystem, players, business models and industry related best practices.
- Google Analytics or equivalent Experience withis advantageous
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Experience with Agile delivery and Development Operations frameworks
- Minimum of 3-year tertiary degree / diploma (Bachelors of science, Engineering or related field)
- Experience in ecommerce and electronic payment business is advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecommunications, digital marketing, eCommerce sales, digital product management, content, media and/or application
- Deep knowledge of Advertisement, value Added Services experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-driven and ability to motivate a fast-paced team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A