To provide service, create and maintain Health and Safety Awareness to employees at all times to improve productivity and sustenance of the business through consistent legal compliance.
- Periodic tracking of expenditure against the budget.
- Staff safety induction training & annual refresher.
- Constantly update the plant Emergency Plans and Procedures.
- ISO manuals -develop and implement SHE as per ISO 45000.
- Update, sustain and report on SHER compliance to management and provide advice in line with standards and regulations.
- Liaise with auditors while on site, assist with paper work procedures.
- Contractors that are coming on site comply with all construction legal regulations and OSHACT.
- Assess SHER strategies and targets for improvement.
- Interact with service providers on projects to be carried out on site.
- Conduct Incident Investigations & compile reports.
- Monthly Safety Statistics report and load on Insight.
- Ensure Legal property documentation for all sites are compliant and retrievable.
- Coordinate internal and external audits as per respective ISO manuals requirements
- Ensure that legal appointment are up to date.
- Understanding of Environmental Management Systems (ISO14001) – with 1-2 years environmental background experience.
- A certificate in SAMTRAC / RISKMAQ will be advantageous, Auditor courses ISO 14001: 2015.
- JDE knowledge essential
- Must be a team player, and passionate about Health, Safety and Environmental and Risk control.
- National Diploma or equivalent in Health and Safety, Quality, Food Safety management systems and Risk control.
- At least 2 -3 years HSE experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Matric (Grade 12 Certificate).
- Train the Trainer Course will be advantageous.
- Formal training or Certification as an auditor to perform HSE audits – with 2-5 years internal auditor experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A