To support factory operations through preparing samples, conducting analyses, trouble-shooting and to ensure conformance to standards. To write reports in consultation with the laboratory manager, maintain laboratory equipment and provide training where required.
- Conduct more varied or complex analyses to ensure conformance to standards. Ensure validity of the results and report on findings.
- Write reports and memoranda in consultation with the relevant supervisor.
- Conduct day-to-day investigations/laboratory tests as requested from R&D, divisions, and customers.
- Undertake research analyses tasks when required.
- Develop new tests and methods or modify existing ones in consultation with the team.
- Provide specialised scientific and technical support to the divisions, customers, and suppliers.
- Support the operations through carrying out thorough analysis of problems, using scientific methods, advising on optimal solutions (in consultation with the Laboratory Manager), implement the solution and evaluate effectiveness of the solution.
- Maintain and improve on the quality and credibility of the unit.
- National Diploma in Plastics Technology, BSc degree in Materials or Polymer Science
- Attention to detail
- Technical writing skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledge with demonstrated expertise in the specialised field or discipline.
- Able to operate complex instrumentation/equipment
- Analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in applied science (e.g., material science or polymer science)
- Proficiency with laboratory operations
- Ability and knowledge to utilise relevant computer resources and software effectively.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A