You will be part of a high-performing team of hardware, firmware, research electronic and optical engineers developing and implementing the LRI for NASA. You will be responsible to work with a team testing and demonstrating LRI performance goals. You will also be a key member of the group that develops other laser-based metrology instruments.
- Design, develop, document, test, and deliver spacecraft GHz RF assemblies (filters, PLLs, pre-amps) for use with the LRI Laser Ranging Processor and Scale Factor Unit subsystems.
- Apply extensive and wide-ranging application experience to prepare significant requirements documents, interface agreements, verification and validation (V&V) plans, and risk mitigation plans and executes V&V plan.
- Research, develop, design, and test electronic components, equipment, technology, systems and networks. May include specifying, designing and testing for compatibility with applicable electromagnetic environments.
- Generate (or review) worst case analyses, parts selection and parts stress analysis, manufacturing documentation, and test procedures.
- Prepare and present material at design reviews.
- Design and develop circuits used in electronic devices.
- Prepare test methods and specifications; analyze equipment to establish operating data and conduct experimental tests; provide final equipment approval, and prepare documentation and user information.
- Design electronics subsystems and system architectures and develop requirements and specifications.
- Lead the development of highly complex and critical digital and/or analog circuit boards and assemblies.
- 5+ years of experience with electronic assembly fabrication and manufacturing processes.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of hardware including the documentation and evaluation involved in delivering electronic hardware; the ability to perform worst-case analysis, parts stress analysis and single event transient analysis on this hardware.
- Familiarity with scheduling, design, and coordination of test plans for RF assemblies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical fields with a minimum of 6 years of related experience;aMaster’s degree in similar fields with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or a PhD in similar fields with a minimum of 2 years related
- Experience with integrated circuit or printed wire board design, device evaluation and characterization, circuit analysis, test and support equipment design, prototype construction and checkout.
- Demonstrated experience in hardware design with the ability to design and solve technical problems in the area of RF circuit design.
- Extensive experience in RF circuit design.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A